Time Certificates of Deposit
- $500.00 Minimum Balance to Open
- A fixed rate account where the interest rate and annual percentage yield will not change for the term of the account, unless otherwise stated.
- A term deposit account where you make a commitment to leave funds on deposit for a set period of time, anywhere from 3 months to 60 months View current rates
- Interest will normally be compounded to the certificate at maturity for terms under 7 months and quarterly for terms of 9 months and up, or you may have the interest deposited into your account if we agree at opening
- Interest is calculated using the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in the account each day.
- Certificates will automatically renew, you will have 10 calendar days after the maturity to withdraw funds without penalty
- An early withdraw penalty will be imposed if funds are withdrawn before maturity
- If the original term is one year or less, the fee we may impose is equal to 1 month interest
- If the original term is over one year, the fee we may impose is equal to 3 months interest
- If the original term is 60 months, the fee we may impose is equal to 6 months interest
For more information about any of our investment products, please contact a Bank of Bennington customer service representative at (402)238-2245 or stop by one of our locations and we would be happy to assist you.